Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tea and Twilight



I was planning on going to a tea house with my sisters and some friends, but alas, we weren't able to find any places that were open in December (I guess tea houses are just really popular during the holidays?).

So, Leah and I decided to host our own tea party at my house. And since we were going to be all girls, we figured, why not also watch a girly movie? The new Twilight movie, Eclipse, just came out and we figured, why not? Of course, watching the movie sober is not fun (almost painful) so we also had a bunch of champagne to drink with tea as well as the truffle popcorn we had during the movie.


From bottom left: currant scone, cucumber sandwich,
curry chicken sandwich, smoked salmon sandwich


To start I made some currant scones, which we served with some Double Devon cream, lemon curd, and raspberry jam. For the tea sandwiches, Leah made a chicken curry sandwich (on wheat bread), and cucumber sandwiches (on white bread). I made a smoked salmon sandwich with creme fraiche on pumpernickel bread. Though not quite traditional, I think the curry sandwich was my favorite, it just had a lot more flavor and kick to it, and went perfectly with the champagne.



For our sweets, my sis tried making petit-fours for the first time. It was a bit sweet (as most all petit fours that I've ever tried) but still pretty good. I went to a recipe that I've made a couple times before, but never fails to impress: chocolate macarons (not "macaroons"!). Both looked really lovely on the table and enjoyed by all the ladies.

I had a few teas, including a lemon-herb tea and champagne raspberry tea (from Lisa's Tea Treasures), but Carrie gave me a couple more (love the "Napa Blanc" tea...really did remind me of wine!). Janie also brought a few teas from Starbucks (my fave was the Berryblossom White).

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment