Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Délice de Bourgogne

My name is Arlene and I am a cheeseaholic. Almost every week, I just have to have a cheese plate, preferably with some nuts, honey, and of course some wine! So when Uly called me from Costco in San Mateo and started naming all the cheeses they had, I just went nuts. Especially when he mentioned one of my favorite cheeses, Délice de Bourgogne.

Actually, I gotta say that Délice is probably my second-favorite cheese ever, just behind Brillat-Savarin, which is ironically named after the guy who invented Délice de Bourgogne. It's a French triple creme with 72% butterfat...that's why it's so good (and maybe I like Brillat better because it has 75%!). Délice has a nice tangy taste to it that Brillat doesn't have though, and I do like to mix it up once in a while.

I gotta say, getting this cheese at Costco was an absolute find...you usually wouldn't find it for less than $20/lb and they had this ginormous block (almost a pound) for 8 bucks! Whatta deal! Once in a while, you just get some spectacular bargains at Costco, we've found truffle butter, some high-end wines and some other goodies there before for much less than retail.

Thanks Costco for stocking this wonderful cheese, and thanks hubby for buying it for me! I can't wait to eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment